Checklist for getting your Home Photo Ready
We want the home to look as nice as possible. These photos are going to be the first thing a Buyer and Agent will see. We want the buyer to love what they see and schedule an appointment to see it in person. First impression is everything to a Buyer
- Remove fridge magnets and have nothing hanging on the refrigerator (kids’ art work, invitations, etc.)
- Remove kitchen towels that are hanging
- Clear counter tops-no clutter
- Clear away small appliances such as toasters and blenders
- No pots or pans on stove top
- Remove trash can
- Note: Removing clutter helps to make your home look larger and helps a potential buyer to picture their own belongings in your home.
Bathroom & Laundry
- Remove toiletries from vanity and shampoo bottles etc. from shower/bathtub-no bath products out.
- Clean mirrors
- Remove laundry baskets and trash can
- Have towels hanging neatly on towel rails
- Close shower curtain
- Toilet lids down
- Remove baskets/containers that have magazines, throw blankets, etc.
- Replace any missing light bulbs throughout the house
- Remove pet bowls, bedding, kennels, liter boxes, etc.
- Keep TV off and remotes put away
- Beds are to be made
- Pack away any kids toys (as best as possible)
- Clear any table tops of toiletries, clothing etc.
- Remove any valuable items such as jewelry and put in a safe place (ALWAYS)
- Remove everything from bedside tables if possible, or just straighten and keep neat
- Open drapes or blinds
- Note: When it comes to accessories on a table-less is more.
- Garage doors closed
- No cars in driveway or in front of house
- Put bicycles, hose, garden tools, pool toys in garage
- Put trash cans out of sight
- Clean pool (if applicable)
- Arrange patio furniture neatly
- Cut grass and make sure front landscaping looks tidy
Please remember this is just a guideline and does not need to be followed 100%. We understand that these suggestions do not apply to all our clients. These suggestions are made to help you help us make the home standout and entice Buyers.